Friday, May 15, 2009

The doctor's office... later that same day.

So, I called the doctor's office the minute they opened and scheduled an appointment to have a blood test to confirm my at home test results.

They were able to work me in at 230 in the afternoon, and I had a meeting from 9-12. I sat through the meeting with a grin, but didn't say a word - for fear of having had a false positive. After calling and talking to Mom, though - I had the feeling a false positive was outside the realm of probability.

The minutes dragged by until 230 came, and I went in, got my blood drawn, and was told the results would take about an hour. I went to the waiting room, and began to wait. And fell asleep. Woke back up and waited some more. And fell back asleep.

Then I started to think back to the day before. A travel day, coming home from North Carolina. I couldn't keep my eyes open on the plane to save my life. Now, under normal circumstances, I do sleep on planes, but rarely do I feel quite so compelled.

It was all beginning to make sense. I was tired because I was pregnant! I dared not get too excited as they FINALLY called me in to see the doctor. I waited in the room by myself nervously. I took out my phone and tried to send a text to Alex, but I had no bars in there. So I sat.

It felt like years.

Finally, the door opened, in walked the smiling doctor who said "Congratulations!". To be honest, I didn't hear much else of what she said. All I kept thinking was, oh my god, I'm pregnant! This is amazing!!!

I had to be referred out to the OB/GYN, and was told it would be a day or so before I got a call with the appointment information.

So off I went - homeward bound to celebrate (and take a nap)!

No comments:

Post a Comment