Friday, September 18, 2009

lemon

so WTE says that having (and endulging in) cravings outside of the 1st trimester is just a cry for attention. Other sources I have read say that if you have a craving during pregnancy - even if it's for something less-than-healthful, to go ahead and satisfy it (but perhaps in a small amount) because there is something in that food that your baby or your body needs.

For most things baby-related, I tend to heed the advice of WTE. It is, after all, "The pregnancy bible"... But the cravings are a beast all their own. If I don't satisfy the craving, it intensifies - and hangs around. It's more than "Hmmm... I could sure go for ________". It's a constant little nagging in the back of my head saying "lemon cake! lemon cake! lemon cake!!"

I've never disliked lemon-flavored baked goods... I've always thought they were "okay" - frankly I could take them or leave them. (Unlike my feeling for all things chocolate, but I digress.) So this recent almost week-long craving for lemony baked goodness really has me puzzled. But it's definitely what I seem to want - which means that it is naturally difficult to find.

In other news - Lola is kicking away. She's moving more and more each day - which I know isn't accurate... She's been moving this much all along, it's just that I'm now able to feel it. Nonetheless - I'm feeling a lot of it. And it's really fun except if I've just eaten, or if I need to pee. Alex still can't really feel it from the outside. I'm hoping that soon he will be able to - I know it is really frustrating to him, because he wants to much to feel what I'm feeling. And I really want him to as well.

My hips are feeling better. Lorelei definitely underwent a big growth spurt last week, my belly is bigger than it was at the cupcake party. I'm glad the growth spurt seems to be over for the time being. I sure do get hormonal and sore all over when those happen. I still feel a little bit medicine-headed. You know, that foggy detached feeling you get when you've got a cold and have taken Sudafed for a couple of days?? I feel that way most of the time these days. Alex says it's almost like an alien has taken over - and that I seem really different. I feel like I'm just stuck in a dense fog. I can tell I'm not myself though... My personality is dulled - muted even.

Overall - I'm feeling (physically) pretty good though. I still get my morning nap in most days - but I don't need an additional late afternoon nap as well anymore. And, not that I want to jinx it - but last night, I only had to get up and go to the potty ONE TIME out of 7 hours!!! It was a miracle! I'd love it if that were to last a week or so before L gets too much bigger.

I am off to Bedfordshire. It's 11:00, and even though I am feeling less tired during the day, I am still past ready for bed by this point each night.

Hope you are doing well!

xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

-mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment