Monday, December 14, 2009

"not ideal, but okay"

that's the official line from our doctor today. 

okay - let's go in order...  first - the blood pressure is still up.  swelling is down, as is my weight - I lost 2 more pounds this week.  but I'm spilling more protein in my urine than I was even last week - which is a symptom of the blood pressure issues.  he said that my preeclampsia (high blood pressure during pregnancy) is not severe enough to be SUPER concerned, but we're wanting to keep a close enough eye on it that I'm now going to be having 2 doctor visits per week instead of 1.  so I'll be going back to the doctor this Thursday.

next up, they did my Group B Strep test today.  It takes 3-4 days for the results, and frankly if I have Group B Strep...  I'll have an extra IV drip in the hospital when I deliver, and that's about it.  So - either way, it's no big deal.  then - he checked my cervix.  and guess what!  I'm already dialated to 1cm.  I've completed 36 weeks of pregnancy, so I'm officially 9 months pregnant - officially 1 more month to the due date - but we will not be making it that far.  it looks like in the next 2 or 3 weeks - I'll stop being a pregnant woman, and start being a Mommy!

they also did a blood draw to check my iron levels again.  I imagine the results of that will be just fine.  I've felt pretty good in that department since they put me on the iron supplements.

so... aside from all the doctor stuff - things here are going well.  marmee came over Saturday and cleaned our house.  It looks like a whole troop of Merry Maids came through here!  she is just incredible, and alex and I are so thankful for everything she has been doing for us the past few weeks.

it has to be said - yet again - how blessed I feel to be surrounded by so many wonderful people who are so willing to help...  laura came over last night and made me some cookies, jsut because I've been craving sweets, our friend john delivered a box full of cookies, bread, chocolate dipped pretzels, and fudge...  it's been a parade of people wanting to help - and we have felt humbled AND thankful!!

for me - it's back to laying down.  I'll update again after my next appointment (if not sooner).

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment