Thursday, August 6, 2009

Checkup day!

We had our OB checkup today. On non ultra sound days, the appointments take about 12 minutes start-to-finish.

Sprout is progressing very well. Good strong heart beat, 144 beats per minute. Mommy is healthy too - a 4 pound gain this month (eek) but I would have sworn it was more like 80, so all in all - I'm happy with that. My blood pressure and all other exams were great.

As for the headaches - the doctor told me that I should take Tylenol and pray that it works - because often times, it doesn't. I guess the headaches can be caused by hormones - and Tylenol doesn't really help with that kind of headache. I haven't been taking the Tylenol - and he said I was being needlessly paranoid. :) This is one of the reasons I like my OB so much... He shoots me straight and doesn't pull any punches. Plus, he's really funny.

So, at the end of 16 weeks, all is good with Mommy & baby. :)

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment