Wednesday, August 5, 2009

head ache

I'd say I've had a headache for most of the past few weeks. It's usually dull and bearable - and so I've been doing little more than increasing fluids and getting rest to help alleviate the pain.

But this past week - none of my normal tricks are working. This headache is here and it's not messing around. Last night - it even called for reinforcements and brought on a full-scale migraine. Now, I know my doctor's instructions say that I can take Tylenol as needed. But I am still so hesitant. I am afraid that if I take Tylenol, and it works - that I'll start taking it every time I get a headache - thus turning into everyday... And I don't want to put my little Sprout's baby organs through having to deal with that so early on.

Then there's been the added fun of the sinuses the past couple of days. Last night - during the full swing of the migraine... I must have gone through half a box of kleenex, and sneezed 75 times all within a ten minute period.

I'm not sure if I have a cold, really bad allergies, crappy luck.... But I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow - and I have my list of things to ask him. Such as: in his instructions, it says that for a cold, I can take Sudafed as directed. Sudafed?? But doesn't that raise blood pressure? And isn't blood pressure kind of a concern with pregnant women?? I just don't feel comfortable taking these things. Maybe with his reassurance I will relax a bit - and take the pills I am allowed to take, but honestly... Right now, I have the luxury of staying home if I feel rotten, and so I don't feel justified in taking medicine so I can better function at home. The laundry, the dishes, the dusting can all wait if it means that I can keep from putting unneeded toxins in my body and thus my baby's body. Granted, I feel like a big fat slug on those days when the most I can muster is my hourly bathroom trips from the living room and back... But, as everyone on Facebook is reminding me... Once the baby is here - even taking time off to feel rotten will be a long forgotten luxury.

So, if anyone needs me, I'll likely be on the couch, in my chair, or sneaking time in Alex's chair (only when he's not home... shhhh!).

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment