Monday, November 23, 2009

and away we go...

at my last OB appointment a week ago, I had gained about 5 pounds in 2 weeks, I was beginning to really swell up, and my blood pressure was up a bit.  My doctor said that although my next official appointment didn't need to be for another 2 weeks - that I should come in after 1 week to have my blood pressure checked.

So I went in today to have that done.  It was HIGH.  152/90 - which is super high for me.  They had me lay down on my left side for 5-10 minutes, then checked it again, and it had gone down to 130/80.  What that means is I'm on partial bed rest now, headed for full bed rest in a week or two - and we're hoping we can make it to 36 weeks or better yet - later - before we have to deliver.

The doctor said what will happen is soon my resting won't be able to keep the blood pressure low so I'll go on medicine - and then it will lose its ability to keep my blood pressure low, at which point we'll have to get the baby out.

There isn't any danger to the baby right now - the danger is mostly to me right now.  But it's not serious danger..  not as long as I follow my doctor's advice - which I am! 

So - I'm at 32 weeks, and hoping like heck to make it to 37-38ish.   That means no stress for me.  So - don't stress me out!  :)

Alex's cousin Amanda had her little girl on Friday morning.  Sarina is super cute - and it seems like Mommy & baby are doing well.  I'm so excited for Amanda & Kathy!

Okay...  I've been sitting up for about half an hour... So I'm going to lay back down now.

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment