Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the shower, the rest of the birthing classes, and more!

My absence can be explained in 2 words: carpal tunnel.

It's been getting progressively more painful, and I haven't felt up to typing the amount that will be necessary to update you on recent events.

But today - I will play through the pain.  (Also - today I am wearing my braces on my wrists, and that helps some)

Birthing Classes 3 & 4

The 3rd birthing class was about birth control after the baby, safety in the house, and preventing SIDS.  By this point, Alex and I were acutely aware that these classes weren't a great use of our time, but we had already paid for them, and we were halfway done, so we stuck with it.  Alex did get to practice diapering and swaddling on a doll.  We practiced pushing and breathing for maybe 10 minutes...  and that was it. 

Class #4 began with a pediatrician talking.  He was very informative - and that part was super useful for us. Then we got our tour of the hospital where we will deliver.  It's a pretty hospital - brand new.  We got to see the nursery and everything.  It was pretty fun.

All and all - not the birthing class I pictured in my head.  Not a total waste of time, but I think the concensus here is - it could have all been covered in 1 session, not 4.

General Mommy Update

I am doing fine.  30.5 weeks down.  I did find out that I do have gestational diabetes - which sucks.  I now follow a diabetic diet (which isn't all that different from what I was eating anyhow) and I have to test my blood sugar levels 4 times a day.  My next OB appointment is Nov. 16th - and my doctor will review how I've been doing.  I'll keep you posted.

Just this carpal tunnel.  My hands are so swollen and painful.  It's really distressing.  Really.  And there's a whole lot of nothing that can be done for it.  I'm going to give physical therapy a shot - because WHY NOT?  It couldn't hurt - and at this point, I'm willing to try anything.

The Ducky Baby Shower

Those of you on Facebook have already seen these pictures - but I know a lot of you aren't on Facebook, so I am posting them here as well.  To sum up - the shower was FANTASTIC!  We had a great time, the food, family, friends, and gifts were all GREAT!

Here I am with Marmee.

Then Alex, Me, and Vickie ("Gee Gee"). 

Marmee, Me, & Grammy Jaye.

The table with the cupcakes, cookies, and the diaper cake!

Darling little baby clothes and blankets were hung all around the house.  Even in the bathroom.

The ducky tub was also the punch bowl.  CUTE

Red velvet cake from Wanda's.  SOOOOOO  TASTY!

And Gee Gee's FAMOUS sugar cookies!


Me & Kakes

Phillip becomes pregnant!

Dave won best pregnant man!

So many CUTE gifts

Some I had to try on myself.


Alex - King for the day!















It was really such a great time!  There were about 30 people there - and I am sure that they all had fun!  My party planning team (Phillip, Jessica, Laura, Sarah, Marmee, Vickie, and Grammy) did a superior job!

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment