Monday, November 30, 2009

overall - good report

OB checkup day.

Predictably - my blood pressure was up when I arrived at the OB's office this morning, but after having me lie down for a bit, it came back down.  That's been my experience the whole last week - if I'm up doing things, the BP goes up...  When I lay down, it goes back down.  Now, when it goes down, it's still higher than my normal - but it's not in the scary high danger zone, so we're still okay.  The doctor said to keep doing what I've done this week (mostly lay on the couch), and said it's not time for medicine yet.   Oh - AND I lost 6 pounds in the last week.

I'm at 33 weeks and really if Lorelei had to be delivered today, although she'd be in the NICU for a bit - she'd be just fine.  (RELIEF!)

It has to be said that I have the most amazing and supportive family.  Marm & Gram came over Wednesday-Saturday and they cleaned my house, did laundry, set up my Christmas tree and - of course - handled Thanksgiving dinner.  Also - my friend Laura (Lola's Godmother) came for Thanksgiving, helped with all the cooking and clean up - AND helped Alex assemble baby things (like the pack n' play, the swing, etc...).

And let's not forget my amazing husband!!  Yesterday, I was laying on the couch and he asked me what I was thinking about.  I told him I was thinking about cookies - after inquiring what kind of cookies, he got up and went into the kitchen and MADE ME SUGAR COOKIES.  He has never baked on his own before today, but he was FEARLESS.  He made the dough, rolled it out, and cut it into Christmas tree shapes.  The cookies were delicious - and I was so impressed with him.  He is truly THE BEST HUSBAND!  I couldn't (and wouldn't) ask for a better one.  :)

My hands are starting to feel better.  I can knit a row or two in a day without too much pain.  But I can't do too much more than that - or I regret it.

We're getting close to baby time.  Alex and I are really excited to finally meet our baby girl!

- mama g

3 comments:

  1. so glad you sound like you are well taken care of!!! give lola a pat for me. kisses...kakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Alex!!! Wish I lived closer so I could come and see you/help you/keep your spirits up!! xoxoxo Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the cookies tasted wonderful! I think we have a new tradition...Alex makes the cookies!

    So glad that you and Lorelei are doing well. They used to call the prenatal period the time of "confinement" and I believe I now know why...Your confinement will be over soon and you will have a sweet baby girl to hold and love...I can hardly wait. Tell Lola that her Marmee loves her.

    ReplyDelete