Monday, June 15, 2009

5am feedings? Already?

This morning, if Sprout were able to make it happen, I would have awoken to the sound of a baby crying.

Instead - since that is not yet a possibility - I awoke to the strongest and most primal urge to eat. It was a strange feeling, because I have not ever been a person to eat in the middle of the night. But this morning, it was clear that I would not be able to simply roll over and go back to sleep, ignoring the minor rumbly in my tumbly. No. I had to get up and eat. Then, I was graciously allowed to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

I even ate my protein snack just before bed like WTE says I need to. But - since Sprout is supposed to nearly double in size over the next two weeks (from about an inch to about 2 inches in length) - I guess that's just going to take some more fuel. In fact... Although I had a banana about 15 minutes ago, I am thinking I'm going to have to head back into the kitchen in search of something a bit more substantial and protein-y.

mama out (to the kitchen)

1 comment:

  1. bananas, gross...give that kid something good to eat. maybe a kiwi. kakes

    ReplyDelete