Thursday, June 11, 2009

I look creepy in goggles.

Today I did several things. I emailed about a zillion people interesting things I found on the series of tubes. I emailed my Grandmother in all caps (her eyes are failing, but I still feel like I am screaming, O'Reilly-style whenever I email her). But, most important, I went to the gym.

It's been nagging at me for several days, this lack of working out. I've managed to get a new high score in the 'How much do you weigh now, fat-ass?' game. That has not been enough motivation to hit the gym on a regular basis though. Even seeing a good friend, who has managed through grit and deterimintation to really slim down and buff up did not do the trick. Going to Target earlier this week did.

Walking in ahead of us was a couple with a small child in a car carrier thingy. Watching this guy carry his kid around made my head spin. Doing some quick math (6-9 pounds when born, add in some fat and muscle and poop, plus the car seat thing) I came to the conclusion that the guy could be lugging around up to 20-30 pounds of baby and seat. I can barely walk around the house with my 8 pound weights. I think they're in the exact spot they were after I brought them home from the store.

So I hit the gym today. And I'll do the same tomorrow. And Saturday.

I took a picture of myself in the car after the fact. Since right now there are good pictures on the blog I'll not blemish it with my fat head trying not to cry.

Maybe next week.

-x

No comments:

Post a Comment