Monday, June 22, 2009

Ten weeks

We are now ten weeks along. Just another 2 weeks before we're out of the danger zone and into a legitimate pregnancy.

I am not worried anymore, though. I feel like everything is going very well with this pregnancy - and I can see no reason why it won't keep going very well.

We have another ultra sound scheduled July 6th (coming up very soon!) and I'm excited to see Sprout's progress. I know it will be a huge difference from the first ultra sound - and seeing that growth in black and white helps justify how tired I've been.

Last weekend, I drove to Tulsa and then to Joplin for my niece's 1st birthday party. The drive to Tulsa (about 2 hours) has been effortless and boring for me most of my life. Now - it is a race to each rest stop so I can empty my poor overworked bladder. I used to make the whole trip without HAVING to stop - and if I did stop, I often would just get a drink or a snack, and get back on the road. Now - I stop at EVERY available rest stop. (And, on the turnpike - there are only 2, so it's really a tough drive for a pregnant woman)

I was also surprised at how tired I was during the drive. I hope this mythic 2nd trimester where I have all this energy - and I stop having to take bathroom breaks at least once an hour is all it's been advertised to be! Cause I could use the energy and the break from the bathroom breaks.

For now, I think I'll avoid the turnpike if possible and stick to less than 30 minutes in the car at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Just wait till you see the next ultra sound!!! When you can actually see the head and body...it makes it "real"!! Amanda couldn't stop giggling when we saw her little one. Everytime it stopped moving so they could snap a picture she would laugh and there it would go wiggling around again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot wait for the next one!!! A week and a half left! This might be the longest 40 weeks EVER!!

    ReplyDelete