Thursday, June 18, 2009

Crave

I realized a couple of days ago that before I knew I was pregnant - I did have a ridiculously strong craving. I wanted grilled onions in mass quantity. What's funny about this is that I used to be a person who hated onions with a passion. I've only recently started to appreciate them. But for about 2 weeks when I was just dividing cells - I wanted as much grilled onion as I could handle (which was, I'm sad to say, an ungodly amount).

Fast forward to this week - I asked Alex what he supposed made a pregnancy craving different from "hmm... this sure sounds good". We agreed it must be the length of the craving + the strength of it.

So, folks... I have a recurring craving that I have indulged this week... OATMEAL CREME PIES!! I'm only allowing myself 1 each day so far. And so far, that has gotten the craving to subside for 24 hours. But I made the grave mistake of looking at the nutritional information on the package - and YIKE! Those things are horrible!! So - I decided to make some homemade oatmeal creme pies so I can have my treat - and not drown in saturated fats, preservatives, and refined carbohydrates.

Today and tomorrow, among the various and sundry other baked goods I'll be making in preparation for a big weekend spent with family, I am going to make my own oatmeal creme pies.

Oh, Sprout... Your friends are going to LOVE to come over to our house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment