Friday, June 12, 2009

Growth Sprout

I think there has been all manner of growing happening with Sprout the last 24 hours. One reason I think so, is that I have been a little dizzy - so I have to be careful getting up out of bed, or after sitting for a while. And two - because I am (yet again) PROFOUNDLY exhausted. Yesterday, we went to meet Marmee for lunch in OKC, and I couldn't even stay awake on the ride home. I proceeded to come into the house and take a 3 hour and 15 minute nap. And it was no cat nap, folks. This was a full-out, in my jammies, in the bed, slept so hard I didn't even dream kind of situation. The sad thing is, I could have (and wanted to) slept longer, but I had class last night. When I got home from class, I was in bed within an hour and a half - and I slept almost 12 hours. I've only been awake about an hour so far today, but I already feel a nap coming on at some point in the not too distant future.

I am just so thankful that I don't have a full time job to contend with during all this pregnant sleepiness. I can't imagine how tired I would be if I didn't have the luxury of napping when I needed to.

For every friend who has sympathized with me, there has been another who has pointed out that there are women whose lives do not change during pregnancy, or even during labor - they just squat out in the field, give birth, and keep on working. To those women, I say - more power to you, and then I say, THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT! Give me air conditioning, a comfy bed, and when the time comes - as controversial as it may be... I'll take the epidural, please. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you do have the luxury (and genetic ability) to be a power napper. I was able to nap everyday of my pregnancy with you...so you come by the need and desire honestly. Sleep mija, sleep, you are growing a baby! Marmee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you two. I never relized how tired a pregnant woman can be till Amanda went through it. She is getting past it a little bit but still goes to bed every night at 9!! Just take care of yourself Amber and make that husband wait on you!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete