Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby? Maybe...

I might have felt Sprout moving around.

It's hard to be sure, and according to the books - it's rare, but not impossible for a first time mom to feel movement this early.

What it feels like: a strong, sporadic heartbeat and fluttering in my lower abdominal region (the same general area I get the "make room for baby crampies"... maybe a tad higher)

I was sitting in my chair reading last night, and I kept feeling it over and over - so I was expecting to have some corresponding gas... But the gas didn't come, and the thumping feeling persisted. After about a half an hour - I told Alex I thought I could feel the baby. I went and laid down on the couch, and we put his hand on my belly... After a few minutes, and lots of "there - did you feel that one?" "over here - do you feel it?" - he felt it. (Can gas be felt by someone with their hand on your belly?)

Anyway - I'm not 100% sure it was Sprout, but I felt the same thing just a little bit this morning. The book says initial movement perception is occasional - even though the baby is moving almost constantly... So it's normal to feel it one day, and then not again for a couple of days.

I have an appointment at the OB coming up on Aug 6th... No ultra sound this time, but I'll get to hear the heart beat again. I will try to actually make note of the bpm this time. I always seem to forget.

Otherwise - all is going well. Haven't been nauseated in a while, and the exhaustion is DEFINITELY lifting. I even felt ell enough to go to water aerobics yesterday. I think I'll start going to that 3 times a week... it was pretty fun.

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment