Monday, July 6, 2009

Squirmy litte one!

Today was our 2nd OB/GYN appointment. We also got another ultra sound today! It was so much fun!

Our little sprout is a squirmy little one! Sprout was moving all around and making it near impossible for the poor ultra sound tech to get a good shot. I will post the three pictures we got from today, but they really aren't very good. Sprout was just having a party in there, and refused to be still and say cheese!

The ultra sound also was the time for the nuchal translucency test which checks for chromosomal abnormalities (i.e. Down syndrome). The results were fantastic! The OB said things looked so great that the additional test (a blood test) that can accompany the nuchal translucency test wouldn't be necessary. (although he did offer to still do it if I wanted him to, but I really trust this doctor, and am happy with the odds we have, so I refused the test)

All other aspects of the check-up were great! My blood tests from last month came back in good shape, my corpus luteum cyst has gone away, and I have only gained 4 pounds.

It will be a longer stretch this time between ultra sounds... but, What to Expect says that I should start feeling movement in the next month or so, and I think that will help me give me a sense of everything being alright - when I can feel Sprout for myself.

Today was such an exciting day for our little family! I will post more as it becomes relevant. Keep checking back!

- mama g





No comments:

Post a Comment