Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pluses and not-so pluses

I've been considering the pluses and minuses of finding out I was pregnant so early on. I think the definite pluses to the baby's overall health are fantastic. I got on my pre-natal vitamins early, quit the caffeine early, and was able to start closely monitoring my diet early. (For the record - I was already on a pre-natal vitamin pre-conception... But when I learned I was pregnant, I was given the prescription strength kind).

In the minus category, however, is the fact that I've been staring at a ticking clock for 7 1/2 weeks already... and I've got at least 28 more to go. It makes for a VERY LONG PREGNANCY.

Recommendations: for anybody who is riding the pregnancy train with me... Three books you must have - What to Expect When You're Expecting (of course. It is THE pregnancy bible. It tells you everything you need to know) Eating Well When You're Expecting (by the same people as what to expect... gives recipes, foods to avoid, and lots of tips on how to get your baby to full term healthfully) and The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy (discusses the various less-comfortable topics that pregnancy raises in a humorous non-confrontational format. This book is a must!)

For those of you who are hoping to become pregnant - I can't recommend enough Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I truly think that the tips in this book helped me conceive.

That's all I've got for today. I'm going to head to the kitchen and make some chicken enchiladas now.

For all of you keeping score at home - tomorrow is our next ultra sound appointment!!! Check back on Tuesday for new pics of little Sprout!!

-mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment