Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bumpy road

I've been extremely lucky throughout my first trimester with the lack of "morning" sickness, and the relative lack of problems (except of course for the exhaustion). However, I think that has started to catch up to me. The past 3 days - I have been nauseated, bloated, and just plain sick. Pregnancy sick... Not otherwise.

It has been miserable. I don't want to eat - because eating exacerbates the situation, but if I don't eat - I get sick. I didn't even go to class on Friday, because Thursday night I was so sick that Friday I was too wiped out to even consider leaving my couch. It ended up being a good thing I didn't go to class, because I had other issues going on that needed me to be close to a bathroom.

YUCK! This is the "no fun" part that I've been reading and hearing about. And although I know it is all worth it - Right now, I just want to find a way to fast forward past it. Unfortunately, I don't know when it's going to get better. I was supposed to be in the clear once I was in my second trimester. (However, one of my friends said that she was sick until the beginning of her 7th month, and What to Expect says that some women just are their entire pregnancies... yay)

I just have to keep Sprout in my mind. Every time I force myself, or - more accurately, Alex reminds me - to eat... I convince myself to do it by telling myself that Sprout needs me to. It makes it a little easier.

Okay - enough of my complaining for today. I actually debated whether or not to blog about this, because I'm wanting to rely on the "mom-nesia" that sets in post delivery to convince me to have our 2nd child at some point. I think I'll just vow now to not re-read this blog after Sprout is born. That way, I can naturally forget those things I am supposed to naturally forget.

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment