Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carrot intolerance!

I got back from Tulsa this morning where I had gone yesterday to see Wicked with Marmee. (which, btw is GREAT!) I got home around 1:15, and have been relaxing and not doing much of anything of importance until about 20 minutes ago when I decided I was hungry. This can lead to a traumatic production of trying to decide what sounds good to eat on some days... But today - I had an idea... Some multigrain tostitos and melty cheese. (sometimes pronounced "nachos")

I ventured into the kitchen to assemble and broil my nachos - and while I was waiting for them to broil I thought - I should grab some baby carrots out of the fridge and nosh on those while I wait... that'll add some nice nutritional balance to my snack.

So I did.

As my nachos came out of the oven, and I headed to my comfy chair to eat them and my last remaining baby carrot - a strange feeling set in. Much like what I assume lactose intolerance must feel like, I started feeling stomach spazums, and extra saliva flooded my mouth, and I knew...

Off to the bathroom.

I'm hoping this was an isolated incidence of carrot intolerance... I would be sad to say farewell to my little orange friends for an extended period of time. But at least for today - they are on the ban list.

- m g

No comments:

Post a Comment