Thursday, October 15, 2009

glucose tolerance test day

This seems to be one of the things that women remember from their former pregnancies - and they do NOT have fond memories. Why, you ask? Drinking this
10oz container of really gross liquid on an empty stomach is LARGELY unpleasant. Follow that by waiting around for an hour, then a blood draw - and then a whole day of feeling like... Well, I felt like I had eaten a whole bucket of frosting. My tummy was UPSET - and I felt lethargic, green, & kittenish most of the day. I opted to take a nap around 2 when Alex got home, hoping that would help the situation, and when I woke up at 530 - I did feel well enough to eat half of an apple. And that has so far gone well. But I'm still being cautious - and I in NO way want anything to do with any real sugar.
Y-U-C-K!

On top of feeling yucky... Lorelei really didn't move much this morning after I drank the orange serum of disgusting. The poor thing must have been in a sugar coma! Even though I got some protein in this morning & a little this afternoon... I didn't start feeling her kicking until 1 or 2 - which is NOT her normal schedule. While I am sure that this had more to do with the 10oz of sugar I had consumed... It always makes me uncomfortable when I don't feel her. According to WTE - women don't really need to start counting fetal movement until week 28 - making sure that there are 10 movements in a hour at least once a day. I don't count the movements like that, but I notice... Especially between 10-1030 at night. That's an active time for her, and were she not active, I would notice and feel concerned. (or, you know... paranoid - cause that's how I roll)

Because of all this stomach discomfort - I opted to stay home from class this evening. I hate to miss class, but I didn't feel well enough.

Now, thanks to all this H1N1 business, and the vaccinations being later than expected - I'm starting to worry that Alex and Marmee are going to conspire to keep me out of public. It'll be like in the days of Little Women - I'll be in confinement. Only, at least I'll have internet & TV. Still - I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. While I realize that nothing is worth risking my health or the baby's health... I don't want to be locked up in the house for the next 3 months either. But maybe staying out of public is the sensible thing, and I'm just being selfish? I don't know... Aside from class and the grocery store - I don't really go out much now anyway. I'm sure if I were to wear a mask to the grocery store - I'd probably be able to buy myself another month?? (and HOPEFULLY by then I can get the vaccination).

I am going to relax & knit some more. I got my 3" quota in yesterday, but haven't done any today yet - so I'd better get started.

Birthing classes start Monday!

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment