Friday, October 2, 2009

october appointment

Yesterday I went to my October OB appointment. I always get nervous before an OB appointment. I'm afraid that he'll say I've been doing something wrong, or he'll yell at me for some reason. But that wasn't the case at all. In fact, I was commended! I gained a total of 1 pound in the last month, bringing my grand total to 17. I have to tell you, I was really worried that I could not be able to stay beneath the 25 pound recommendation... I've heard too many stories of women who have gained 40, 60, 75 pounds with their pregnancies, and I just knew that was going to be me. I'm SO relieved that has not been the case.

Meanwhile, I thought that I had an active baby - and I definitely had that confirmed for me yesterday. When they were trying to get a count of Lorelei's heartbeat, they would get it - and then WHOOMP!!! We'd see my belly move, and they'd have to find her heartbeat again. The doctor said it's unusual for baby girls to be so active, but that activity in the womb is absolutely indicitive of personality outside of the womb. Last night and today I've been paying more attention to her movements. She is most definitely more active at night than in the morning. But she doesn't seem to sleep much. It's a good thing I can sleep through the kicking right now, and I know I'd better enjoy it while I can since once she's on the outside, the kicking will be coupled with noise! :)

I am REALLY getting excited! I have just a couple of weeks before I enter the third trimester, and I can feel January coming just around the corner. I can't wait to see Lorelei and hold her. I can't wait to see Alex with her - he's going to be the most amazing father.

Okay, okay... I'm going to change the subject before I start crying. (Or before the crying gets worse, to be more accurate!)

Eggs! I successfully ate an egg this week! So, currently I have no foods on the strict ban list. It's a nice feeling to know nothing offends my gag reflex. (Well, no foods... I still struggle through brushing my teeth and bending over in the mornings. BIZARRE but true)

I've been knitting a lot the past week. And today, I definitely was nesting some. I dusted, vaccumed, and scrubbed the microwave. There's still more to do. I need to sweep the kitchen floor and mop. When I was dusting the living room ceiling fan, I was thinking about wanting the house to be as clean as possible for the baby. No dust, no allergens, no clutter... I do realize these are lofty goals - but I want to replace the air filters this weekend just the same. (And then again before Lorelei gets here) I realize I can't (and really shouldn't) try to erradicate every germ and speck of dust from my house. But I'd like there to be as few as possible.

My next OB appointment is October 29th. I have to fit in my glucose test sometime in the next 2 weeks. (yuck!) Otherwise, I just need to keep doing what I've been doing.

And I'm off to do just that!

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment