Monday, October 5, 2009

kick kick kicking

It's amazing what a difference the temperature makes on my mood! I am feeling FAR less sweaty, which makes me feel FAR less cranky! AND - I don't have to have the air conditioner cranked down to 69 all the time. (because it's that way outside instead of being 150 degrees outside). I hated hot weather before I got pregnant, but I have DESPISED it since I've been pregnant.

Luckily, it shouldn't get above 80 again this year.

I've been knitting like a crazy person. I'm working on a 30" square receiving blanket for Lorelei. The yarn is cute, it's chunky and a combination of light & dark pink, light & dark green, and light & dark brown... I'll post a photo of it once it looks like something. I started on this one yesterday, and have only completed 14 rows so far. For those of you who know about knitting, you know that it just looks like a curly lump of yarn so far.

Lorelei is kicking like crazy still! There was only one day when she didn't. I had taken a Claritin, and I think that made her drowsy. I have to admit, as much as I sometimes wish she would stop kicking so much, when she wasn't kicking - I missed it, and I was a little but concerned.

But never fear... She is back to being active as ever. And she's clearly Alex's daughter. She is quite contrary! She'll be kicking away, big enough kicks for me to see them on the outside of my tummy. I'll laugh, and Alex will come running over to see if he can feel her. As soon as he does - she stops. And then she won't move again until he's been gone for a couple of minutes.

I'm seeing Marmee later this week, and I'll be interested to see if she's as contrary with her as she is with her Daddy. :) It's become laughable for the two of us. I'm guessing at some point we'll catch her kicking... Either that, or Alex will have to just sit with his hand on my belly all day until Lorelei gives in and kicks for him.

Tonight - Alex has his boys' night out... I'm going to stay in and knit and maybe watch some TV. It's much nicer to relax when it's cool outside then when it's hot. Maybe it's just me?

Okay, I'm off to work the needles.

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment