Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Tutu" cute!!

Since we announced that we are expecting our little one, gifts have been coming our way.  Tonight, I decided to photograph some of them to show you how adorable they are - and what thoughtful friends and family we have.  (no worries - I am not planning on photographing every single gift we get...  but these are just PARTICULARLY cute!)


This might be the first outfit we received.  It's from Grandma Gates, and it has a G on it.  :)  I love this one for the polka dots and the giraffe!  SO ADORABLE!













Also from Grandma & Grandpa Gates...  Lorelei's first pieces of jewelry.  This was given to us at the cupcake party - and it was so sweet it made me cry.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  This is the tiniest - and most precious little necklace and bracelet set EVER.

Here we have one from Auntie Donna in North Carolina.  She sent it as a "thinking of you" gift - and it CERTAINLY brightened my day that day.  It's got little duckies on the side - and my favorite part is on the bottoms of the feeties - there are little duckie footprints!
 When Marmee and Auntie Laura have traveled, they've brought back little onesies from their trips.  The Vegas cupcake is from Marmee - and the I <3 NY is from Auntie Laura & Uncle Ralph's recent trip to New York.


...I may have gotten a little carried away playing with the clothes.  But this sweater matches this onesie TOO perfectly.  At least I didn't go in search of pants too.   (yet)

 I posted about these a few days ago.  Here we have the hand-knitted sweater and scarf along with the super soft cute red teddy bear.  These are from a lady at Alex's work named Susan.  You can't really tell from the picture - but the buttons on the sweater are little blocks with A, B, C on them.  Just darling!


Then we have the sock monkey and tutu from Donna at Alex's work.  When I saw the gift bag - I could only see parts of the tutu sticking out - I said to Alex, "If that's a tutu, I'm gonna die!!" and sure enough...  How adorable is this???  Plus the monkey is wearing the same tutu and a matching bow on its head!!  Naturally - all this cute made Alex a little jealous - and he had to get in on the fun...

It's only right - someone has to make sure the tutu works properly before we give it to our daughter, don't you think?















Finally - this burp cloth with "Little Sprout" on it.  Kathy & Amanda got this for us before we knew whether Sprout was a girl or a boy - and they prayed hard for a girl. :)  I couldn't believe how perfect this was. 

All these cute baby clothes, toys, and gifts are making us even more excited to have Lola here with us.  You know, so we can dress her up like a little doll.  :)  This week, we are going to get a dresser into the nursery so we can have a place to start putting all of these clothes.  I have a laundry basket FULL of newborn (0-3 months) clothes all washed, folded, and ready for baby when she arrives.  Those were donated from Matt & Annette (of Speeding Bullet fame...  they have 3 daughters - so they had a TON of baby clothes), and from my sister Shannon who has a 1 1/2 year old little girl herself.  I thought about photographing some of them too - but there were too many cute ones, it would have been crazy.

Here's wishing you all a good week.  We have birthing class tomorrow night where we will be learning more about breathing, and hear a full presentation on C-Sections.

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment