Friday, October 9, 2009

mary mary quite contrary

Alex has a theory about Lorelei not wanting to kick when people try to feel her... He thinks maybe she gets curious about what that feeling is - and stays still to try to figure it out.

Maybe so.

The point is - she was contrary with Marmee just like she is with Alex. She just doesn't like to kick when she knows someone (even me, folks) is trying to feel her doing it.

At some point, she won't have enough room to get away. And that point is fast approaching. As most of you know - I have a very short torso - and already my whole torso area is full of baby. So, now we have no choice but to expand outward. Thanks to the fabulous combination of short torso, short legs, AND short arms... I have about an inch and a half left between my belly and the steering wheel.

Marmee actually laughed on Wednesday when she saw how close it is. I am not sure anyone quite believed me that I'm going to be too big to get behind the wheel soon. But let me assure you - I maybe have a month left before it's just not going to happen.

That'll be strange.

I'm getting excited about the Tulsa baby shower. Invitations went out this week - and they are really cute! My friends who are collaborating to throw this shower did are doing such a great job - and although none of them really has the spare time to spend on shower planning, they have all spent hours already emailing and planning (and plotting)... I am humbled to know that this many people already love this little girl - but to tell you the truth... I already love her, and can happily report that she's easy to love. (not at all a biased opinion, I'm sure!)

Still knitting quite a bit. I'm hoping to get this current project done in the next week or so. I spent a good 4 1/2 hours working on it today, and made some nice progress. I'll probably work on it a bit more tonight as well.

The high temperature for today was around 58 here in Norman, and I have been just a little chilly all day long. I LOVE IT! Last night in class, a lot of the people were saying that the local news is predicting a super cold winter. That gives me hope that we will be able to switch off the air conditioner at some point before the new year. ;)

Have a great weekend!

- mama g

No comments:

Post a Comment